Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let Go, Let God Give Commandment

I act lovingly toward others.
Before the Last Supper, Jesus washed his disciples' feet as a demonstration of love and humility. As he did, he commanded them to love one another. As I think about Jesus' words, I consider the ways in which I express love to others.
There are many types of love: the love of a parent for a child and of family members for one another; the love experienced in friendship and companionship; the love expressed in sharing ideas and beliefs.
Considering Jesus' commandment, I make a new commitment to actively express love toward others. I look for opportunities to give and receive love, knowing that I am putting into motion the truth that Jesus shared--that love is the greatest power of all.
I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you.--John 13:34

No comments:

Post a Comment