Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Let Go, Let God Give Comfort

Releasing any burdens to God, I am at peace.

When experiencing change or loss, I turn to God for comfort. God is my sure and steady companion. One way to connect more deeply with God is to write a letter, perhaps as part of a diary or journal entry. As my words pour onto the page, I release any burdens I've been carrying. I share my thoughts and feelings with God as freely as I would my dearest friend.
My letter is a prayer. No particular structure is needed--just words from my heart. After writing, I sit in the silence and focus on God's love, which feels as though it has been poured over me. With God as my comfort, I am at peace.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and through grace gave us eternal comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and strengthen them.--2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment