Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Friday, January 3, 2014

Let Go Let God in Self-Discipline

I reap the benefits of self-discipline.

The words disciple and discipline derive from the word for “pupil” or “student.” As a student of life, I learn continuously and apply what I discover to my daily activities.
Just as Jesus’ disciples sought to follow him and learn from his teachings, I, too, seek to learn new ways of being and put them into practice. Conscious of my physical and spiritual well-being, I develop constructive habits and routines that promote transformation and I experience positive results. Self-discipline is not a hardship; it is the key to growth. As I adopt good habits, I honor and reward myself. Through discipline, I reap the benefits of good health, peace of mind, and abundant living.
 
For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.—2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment