Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Let Go Let God to the Depth of Soul

I discover living waters in the deep well of my soul.
 
A folk story tells of a farmer who set out to dig a well. The ground was still dry about 15 feet down and he grew frustrated. He moved to another location and repeated the process twice more. Then his wife suggested he simply dig deeper right where he stood. He followed her advice and soon found an abundant water source. At times I may act like the farmer. My spiritual practice may seem arid and unproductive. However, by continuing in faith, I move deeper into the well of my soul. Jesus told us about the “living waters” of the abundant, eternal Source. I tap this wellspring of joy by going within­—right where I am. If my practice feels dry, I do not abandon it. I simply dig deeper and discover all I could ever want.
The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.–John 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment