Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Let Go Let God Forgive

As I forgive, I am open to the peace and joy of God.
 
Why does forgiveness sometimes seem so difficult? Another person caused me harm by what they did or said, and I may have held on to a feeling of resentment for days, weeks, or years. I may question whether that person deserves my forgiveness. A better question might be, Do I deserve to hold on to the pain of resentment and anger? In Truth, I know that holding on only feeds my feelings of injustice and robs me of my peace and joy. Jesus taught us to forgive over and over. Forgiveness is an expression of the love of God. So instead, I make a new choice today. I envision others no longer bound by my resentment. I forgive them. As I free them, I am freed. I am open to the peace and joy of God.

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.—Matthew 6:14

No comments:

Post a Comment