Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Let Go, Let God

When I let go and let God, I take the path of a peacemaker.
 
If someone says or does something that causes me grief, I have a choice to make: Do I let it affect my attitude or do I bless the situation with a silent prayer and let it go? The obvious choice would be to let it go, but that choice isn’t necessarily the easiest one. So I find a safe place to rest my mind and heart. Turning to God in prayer, I remind myself that I am upset by the person’s actions, not the person. Despite any angst I may feel, this person, too, is a child of God. I bless him or her, and let the situation go, affirming: I release my concerns into God’s care and keeping. Rather than reacting, I respond in a positive way. By choosing to let go and let God, I am taking the path of a peacemaker.

Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.”—Matthew 9:28

No comments:

Post a Comment