Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Let Go Let God Forgive

I find release in the act of forgiveness.
 
Holding on to anger or resentment against another brings both physical and emotional discomfort. It is like holding on to a prickly cactus. The tighter I grip onto memories and my belief that I was wronged, the more pain I feel. Alleviating this suffering is as simple as letting go. I find release in the act of forgiveness. As a child of the loving Father-Mother-God, I forgive as God forgives. Turning to prayer, I acknowledge the Divine active and present in others, in myself, and in the situation. I release the situation, and with it the sharp-stabbing physical and emotional pain. My heart is filled with the friendship, love, and compassion that are born out of forgiveness.

One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.—Proverbs 17:9

No comments:

Post a Comment