Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Let Go Let God in this Time of Prayer

My every breath is a prayer.
 
The apostle Paul exhorts his small congregation in Thessalonica to “rejoice always, pray constantly,” but what does that mean for me? I could certainly choose to spend this entire day making a conscious effort to stop all activity and pray. But my human experience would come to a standstill. I’m not here in human form to avoid the world, but to transform it. I “pray without ceasing” when I begin the day by aligning my mortal mind with the Divine Mind that is my source. As a result, I know that I will be divinely guided through every challenge, every choice that the day will inevitably bring. I will be the presence and power of God in expression, and my every breath will be a prayer.
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.—1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment