Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Let Go Let God Celebrate Summer

I celebrate the radiance of Summer.

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, today is summer solstice, the longest day of the year. In many cultures, it is a day of celebration. I celebrate, too, by giving thanks for the sun and its life-giving warmth for our planet. I honor God’s creation by enjoying its beauty. I go outside today to celebrate my connection with nature. I walk through a garden or park, ride a bicycle, play a game outdoors, or simply sit in the sun. I feel the joy of God in all nature. I breathe the fresh air, bask in the warmth of the sun, and enjoy the beauty of this day. I revel in the bounty of creation!


So I commend enjoyment, for there is nothing better for people under the sun than to eat, and drink, and enjoy themselves, for this will go with them in their toil through the days of life.—Ecclesiastes 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment