Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Let Go Let God Forgive

I forgive, and I am forgiven.

One of Jesus’ fundamental teachings was forgiveness. He told his disciples: “Whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him.” When Peter asked how often it was necessary to forgive, Jesus told him not only seven times, but seventy times seven. In other words, forgive continuously. Forgiveness opens channels of communication. It frees the heart, eases burdens and fosters growth. Forgiveness opens the way to deeper, more meaningful relationships. In my daily prayer time, I forgive anyone I believe has wronged me. I forgive myself and acknowledge the power of God within me and the spirit of love in which I am created. I forgive, and I am forgiven.
 
I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.–Matthew 18:22

No comments:

Post a Comment