Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Let Go Let God Forgive

I forgive others and hold them in prayer.

When I have been hurt by another, the last thing I may feel like doing is forgiving. If a person says something that upsets or insults me, an organization takes action that angers me, or life seems unfair, there is a part of me that may want justice, not forgiveness.
In truth, though, there is no victory in resentment. I am the one who suffers when I choose not to forgive. As I release and let go of my need to defend my position, I am liberated. I experience a return to peace, rather than a need to blame.
While I do not condone hurtful behavior, and I take action when necessary, I do not hold anger in my heart. I forgive and bring the matter to God in prayer.

Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone.--Mark 11:25

No comments:

Post a Comment