Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Monday, September 30, 2013

Let Go Let God Be Free

The key to freedom is to put God first.

Daily life may appear confining at times. I might feel boxed in by deadlines, burdened by health concerns, or weary of relationship issues. Realizing I have a choice, I seek a path to freedom. In The Golden Key, Emmet Fox noted that the key to restoring peace and harmony is to “stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead.” With this in mind, I turn my thoughts away from my concerns and affirm the truth that God is all there is. If worrisome thoughts resurface, I replace them with powerful affirmations of God’s loving presence. I regain my freedom by centering my thoughts on God. As I do, my mind quiets, my body relaxes, and I am free.
 
Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.—Psalm 118:5

No comments:

Post a Comment