Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Let Go Let God Be Calm

Open to Spirit, I experience calm.

From time to time, I may become offended or angry. If I do not wish to remain in this state, I have a choice. When I feel anger rise within me, I stop, breathe deeply, and open to Spirit; then I follow Spirit's lead. This may mean walking away from the situation or counting to 10. I may say, "I feel angry and need some time to think" or "I want to change our conversation. Let's begin again in a few minutes." Or, I may simply listen with an open mind and a closed mouth.
If I am angry with myself, I do the same. I stop, breathe deeply, and open to Spirit. Connected to the peace of God within, I remain calm and extend compassion to myself. I forgive and make a new choice.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.--Colossians 3:12

No comments:

Post a Comment