Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let Go Let God Give Comfort

Peace fills my heart as I rest in the comforting presence of God.

My idea of comfort may have changed over the years. As a child, I may have found comfort in a special blanket or a hug from a parent or loved one. As a young adult, I may have found comfort in the lyrics of a favorite song or time spent with friends who shared my interests and values.
While all of these things may still bring comfort, my awareness of God's presence fills me with a comfort that knows no bounds. In quiet moments, I experience "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding," a peace that assures me I am never alone. This peace, this comfort, gives me hope and strength and the assurance that God is with me, now and always.

This is my comfort in my distress, that your promise gives me life. --Psalm 119:50

No comments:

Post a Comment