Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Let Go Let God Forgive

Forgiveness is a gift I give to myself.
 
Forgiveness is a gift I give to myself. Carrying around the emotional baggage of perceived offenses others have committed against me only serves to weigh me down. I do not have to include those people in my present experience if it is unhealthy for me to do so. Yet holding on to hurt keeps wounds open that might otherwise heal if I become aware I am letting anger have power over me. So I examine the things I am holding onto, breathing in the Divine as I explore feelings of fear or pain. I can make peace with my feelings. Their grip on my heart loosens, and I am able to open to new and more loving activities in my life. Only I am responsible for the power I allow others’ actions to have over me, so I give myself the gift of forgiveness.
 
And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.—Matthew 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment