Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Let Go Let God Find Inner Peace

I Find the Peace of God in the Silence within me. 

The Hebrew scriptures tell the story of the word of the Lord commanding the prophet Elijah to “stand on the mountain before the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” As he waits, Elijah fails to find God as he endures a wind strong enough to split mountains, an earthquake, and then a fire. Then Elijah discovers God, in a sound of sheer silence. Sometimes chaos surrounds me as I try to find the peace of God. Other times, the chaos may be inside me. I persist in my efforts as I confront inner storms, fires, and earthquakes as I search for peace. Like Elijah, I remain steadfast in faith, undisturbed by what is happening around me. I wait for distractions to pass. Peace is mine.

And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of sheer silence.—1 Kings 19:12

No comments:

Post a Comment