Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Friday, June 10, 2016

Let Go Let God find Inner Peace

I find peace in the stillness of my soul.
 
In my quest to live a fulfilling life, I may have sought contentment from a variety of sources. People, places, or things may bring temporary satisfaction, but my heart yearns for something greater. Persian poet Rumi wrote, “Drink from the presence of saints, not from these other jars.” In my spiritual path, I learn to drink from the presence of God and train my mind to stay focused on a Spirit-led path. Throughout the day I pause to empty my mind of stress and to invite Spirit to fill my heart. As I deepen this practice, I find the lasting satisfaction of inner peace in the stillness of my soul.
Those who drink of the water that I will give them will never be thirsty. The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.—John 4:14

No comments:

Post a Comment