Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Monday, April 29, 2019

Let Go Let God In the Silence

I rest in the Silence.
 
After a busy day, my body may want to rest, while my mind continues to process or replay events. But beneath the noise of my mind lies a constant source of silence that is always available to me. Regardless of what is happening outwardly, when I enter into the Silence within me, I experience a peaceful calm. I close my eyes and allow my attention to move from my thoughts to the presence of God within me, dropping deeper into stillness as though sinking into the water. Just as sounds become muffled in that vacuum, outside noise becomes muted as I deepen my awareness of God. In the Silence, I am free from the noise of my thoughts; I am free from anxiety, stress, and fear. I rest in the Silence.

He woke up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” Then the wind ceased, and there was a dead calm.—Mark 4:39

No comments:

Post a Comment