Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Let Go, Let God in the Stillness

In Stillness, I Sense the Activity of God.

The word stillness comes from the old English word “stilnes,” meaning silence. Stillness is not merely the absence of motion or sound, but something much deeper and more powerful. When I become still, I begin to sense more fully the presence of God. When I center my mind on God in this moment, my busy thoughts begin to settle down and I become more mindful. Touching this inner stillness allows me to weather even the toughest times at work or in my personal life. No matter what arises, I am now centered and mindful of the activity of God within my heart and soul and nothing can disturb me. Resting in an inward stillness offers me respite and blesses me for the journey ahead.

He said to them, “Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a while.”—Mark 6:31

No comments:

Post a Comment