Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Let Go Let God Create Prosperity

My Prosperity Begins with Me. 

The Bible story of the widow’s oil tells of a despairing woman who asks the prophet Elisha for help paying her late husband’s debts, fearing that nonpayment will mean her sons will be taken as slaves by creditors. The prophet asks the widow what she has in her house, and she answers, “A jar of oil.” At Elisha’s instruction, the widow gathers as many vessels as she can and fills them with oil to sell. This story reminds me that true prosperity is about more than what I need, want, or receive. My experience of prosperity begins at the level of my thinking. I am grateful for my talents, my abilities, the gift of prayer, and my access to divine ideas. I use these gifts to create a prosperous life. 

So she left him and shut the door behind her and her children; they kept bringing vessels to her, and she kept pouring.—2 Kings 4:5

No comments:

Post a Comment