Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Let Go Let God Through Understanding

My Compassion Flows From Understanding.

Each person is born with innate wholeness and goodness. When I see myself and others through the lens of this understanding, I can more easily practice forgiveness and compassion. I may not agree with others’ beliefs or behaviors, but I can perhaps empathize with their feelings. I know people have struggles that I cannot know, like the tip of an iceberg whose totality is not visible. I cannot know what is occurring beneath the surface. Understanding allows for peaceful coexistence. I am kind, yet free to place boundaries that ensure my well-being. Icebergs are not bad, but a ship that passes too closely may sustain some damage. I can choose when to steer away if that is best for me, maintaining peace through understanding of myself and others.

Give me understanding, that I may keep your law and observe it with my whole heart.—Psalm 119:34

No comments:

Post a Comment