Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Let Go Let God Be Forgiven

All My Mistakes Are Now Forgiven.

When I offer forgiveness to someone who has hurt me, I may be surprised that lingering feelings of resentment or anger continue to trouble me. I may wonder whether forgiveness is worthwhile, even if the one who hurt me is worthy of forgiveness. When this discomfort visits me, I say a prayer, quietly affirming: I bless, release, and forgive myself for unkind deeds or thoughts I have put forth. I bless, release, and forgive all others. I am blessed, released, and forgiven. I return to this prayer as often as I need to until the pain of resentment recedes. Just as the dawn comes after the longest nights, forgiveness brightens and lightens my heart until the memory of hurt fades completely and I am able to move forward.

But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.—Psalm 130:4

No comments:

Post a Comment