Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Let Go Let God Offer Forgiveness

I Am Caring For Myself When I Forgive. 

When I offer forgiveness to others, I am giving loving care to myself. Through forgiveness, I lighten my emotional load and let go of what does not serve me. My feelings of hurt or anger may be valid, but I am not helping myself by holding on to them. Like a barricade of leaves, sticks, and debris in a river, a buildup of resentment and anger stops the healthy flow of my emotions. Being unwilling to forgive others or myself creates stagnation that holds back any feelings, even joy or gratitude. As I relax and release old hurts, I remove blockades to let my emotions flow. I honor this process and have compassion for myself. Forgiveness creates a lightness in my heart. Newly cleansed, I continue my healing journey.

Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. —Proverbs 10:12

No comments:

Post a Comment