Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Monday, June 5, 2023

Let Go Let God Listen

I Listen With My Open Mind And Heart.

It may be easy to hear what someone is saying, but it can be more of a challenge to listen deeply to the meaning behind the words. Today I practice deep listening. I open my mind and listen without thinking about what to say in response. I do not judge the words of another. I wait patiently for someone to finish, letting them express themselves to me for as long as they need to. I open my heart as well. Even if I don’t agree with what is being said, I create a space for respectful expression, careful not to subject myself to opinions I find disrespectful or disturbing. Empathy and understanding are at the heart of my listening practice. I listen as I wish to be listened to and keep my mind and heart open. 

Listen, children, to a father’s instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight.—Proverbs 4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment