Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Let Go Let God in Joy

There is always space in my heart for joy.
 
Joy is everywhere present, even during the darkest moments in life. But happiness never forces its way into my heart. To experience its gifts, I have to be willing to choose joy and welcome it. I consider how I might make room in my life for more gladness and aliveness. Perhaps it is time to finally release a certain resentment. I might be ready to gently transition out of a period of deep grief and loss. Maybe I have been berating myself or taking life too seriously. Joy is my natural state. When I choose to make space for it, spontaneity and playfulness emerge. I set aside my to-do list and eagerly compose a gratitude list. As I open myself to joy, I am grateful for how it changes my outlook.

And your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.—John 16:22

No comments:

Post a Comment