Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Friday, June 18, 2021

Let Go Let God Unwind

I Unwind In Peace And Love. 

When my day has not gone as I had hoped, I may have faced one challenge after another. Perhaps I was caught in snarled traffic, frustrated by a difficult class, or flustered by a temperamental child. I may want nothing more than to untangle my thoughts and feelings and unwind. I get comfortable and begin to relax. With each breath, I release the day. I imagine a favorite place: the woods, a stream, the beach. Settling into this place, I imagine songbirds, trickling water, or the tide’s ebb and flow. I feel at one with the rhythm of this place as all else falls away. I unwind even more as I recall those moments of the day when I gave or received a blessing: a kind word, a smile, a helping hand, a sincere compliment. These sweet memories restore balance and bring peace to my world.

But I have calmed and quieted my soul.—Psalm 131:2

No comments:

Post a Comment