Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Let Go Let God Forgive

I Forgive And Am Set Free. 

Withholding forgiveness is like locking myself in a prison cell and holding the key. I may think I’m punishing another, but in truth I’m punishing myself. Today I choose to free myself from the prison of my own making by practicing forgiveness. Forgiving does not require me to forget what caused me pain, but it means I can accept what happened and move beyond it. The moment I am willing to forgive, Spirit within helps lift and empower me through the process of releasing and healing. Realizing that forgiveness will take as long as necessary, I commit to keep at it. Even the initial willingness to forgive helps reduce the lingering effects of my pain and leads me on the path to peace.

Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.—Colossians 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment