Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Let Go Let God Serve

In Service to Others, I Find my True Self. 

The word maundy loosely translates to “commandment,” and Maundy Thursday is named for the message Jesus gave his disciples in the upper room during the Last Supper. In John 13:34, Jesus says, “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.” Before he gave this commandment, he washed his disciples’ feet, saying in John 13:15, “For I have set you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.” I take these words to heart, knowing, as Mahatma Gandhi shared, “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” I follow Jesus’ example of service as well as his commandments; I serve others, finding the Christ presence in everyone as I do.

Just as water reflects the face, so one human heart reflects another.—Proverbs 27:19

No comments:

Post a Comment