Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Friday, April 23, 2021

Let Go Let God Forgive

Through Forgiving Others, I Restore Myself. 

I may find it difficult to forgive others for something they have done if I perceive it to be wrong. Forgiveness can be even more difficult when another’s acts or words have left me feeling hurt. Jesus taught that forgiveness is something to be practiced often. It is truly a gift we give to ourselves. When I forgive another, my thought of that person is healed of the burden of my harsh judgment. I am restored, and I believe they are uplifted and restored as well. As I release my heavy load, I breathe, realizing that the grip I have held for so long on these individuals has kept only me in bondage. The pain has been mine, not theirs. Now I can move forward in lightness and freedom.

My friends, if anyone is detected in a transgression, you who have received the Spirit should restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness.—Galatians 6:1

No comments:

Post a Comment