Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Let Go Let God as Serenity

I live in serenity from my Christ center.
 
There is a difference between a gentle float trip down a river and an invigorating workout to paddle upstream through a strong current. If I desire relaxation, downstream is the choice of least resistance. Choosing serenity calls for me to let go of trying to change things by acting only through my human self. I rise above any situation and live from my Christ center as I let things work out. I know what actions to take, what course changes to make, and when to stop and rest. If I catch myself tensing my shoulders or clenching my jaw, I take it as a sign to relax and to let go. I picture that gentle stream, take some deep breaths, and rest in the tranquility for a while.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.—Matthew 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment