Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Let Go Let God Prepare

Taking Time To Prepare Is An Act Of Loving Intention. 

If I plan to do some entertaining at home, I spend time preparing for my guests’ arrival. This may mean tidying, creating space, and making sure I have enough food. I do this to create a welcoming environment and let my guests know how much I value their presence. I go about my preparations with joy, knowing the loving and deliberate attention I give is a gift to those who will receive it. I bring this sensibility to my spiritual life. I prepare by making time for quiet contemplation. I give myself a serene environment to practice the presence of God. I do not hurry the time I spend in prayer and meditation or let the day’s concerns and activities intrude on my peace. This is the gift I give to myself.

He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.—2 Corinthians 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment