Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Let Go Let God Be Comforted

I Open My Heart To God's Comforting Presence.

The Sabbath, a day when all who observed Jewish traditions were obliged to rest, began at sundown Friday, shortly after Jesus’ body was laid in the tomb. During the day that followed, Jesus’ followers became painfully aware of the absence of their leader, teacher, and friend. In the peace of the Sabbath, they grieved. When I am coping with loss, I do not deny my grief, sadness, or even anger. I feel my feelings completely, remembering I am never alone. The divine presence is with me and within me, just as powerfully as it is in my happiest moments. The quiet strength, the deep peace, and loving comfort of God’s presence are always as close as my next thought. 

If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me become night,” even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you.—Psalm 139:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment