Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Let Go Let God Relax

I Give my Mind and Body Permission to Rest and Relax. 

“For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.” While these words of scripture were written long ago, they accurately describe the frantic, swarming pace of life so many people find themselves experiencing today. The invitation from Jesus to visit a deserted place of rest speaks directly to my soul. While I may not be by an ocean shore or on a forested mountaintop, I can go to a deserted place that is always available to me. At first, dedication and practice are needed to journey inward and find my way to silent peace. I learn to stop and give my mind and body permission to relax. I come to know relaxation is worthy of my time, vital for my self-care, and essential for my personal and spiritual growth. 

He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.—Psalm 23:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment