Divine Orders Shop

Divine Orders Shop
Following Divine Orders Shop on Etsy - Doing God's Work

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Let Go Let God Forgive

I Forgive And Free Myself From The Weight of Resentment

Sometimes I forgive easily. Other times forgiving feels harder, especially if I am in pain. I may feel disappointed, thinking forgiving should be easy no matter the circumstances. I remind myself forgiving is a process, and it’s natural to struggle with it from time to time. My willingness to forgive is a good and necessary start. If I find myself ruminating over resentments or wondering whether someone who wronged me deserves my forgiveness, I remember forgiveness is not for them. It’s for me. Knowing this, I pray for the capacity to forgive. If a lack of forgiveness keeps me from the fullness of life, I turn to the Divine within me to discover peace beyond the struggle and love beyond the pain. Forgiveness is the way. 

Then hear in heaven your dwelling place, forgive, act, and render to all whose hearts you know.—1 Kings 8:39

No comments:

Post a Comment